Exclusive Report | Treasury Wednesday Pick

For this week's 'Treasury Wednesday Pick', I decided to have a little fun, so I venture out further than Ive ever gone before and stepped back to the late-60s mid 70s era. That's right, I stepped right into the house that occupied the Brady Bunch. I swear that while wearing these vintage 70s garments, I could softly hear the faintest of voice screaming "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"
And the magic didn't end there. Somehow while I was visiting the newly formed juvenile sextet, my waist shrunk to the menial size of Greg Brady's and I was able to pull of a pair of his ultra-high waist Navy bell bottoms. Needless to say, I fell in love and Alice had to pry them out of my hands upon my departure. The vest spoke to me in a language all its own: the language of designer vintage. No where else but at Treasury, em...I mean the Brady Bunch, could you find a vintage Lanvin vest for $65. I mean, really! Then there is the striped turtleneck, a filler that added the appropriate splash of color and complexity. And who doesn't love a nice, striped turtleneck?

Imagine my surprise when I ran into these very pieces at Treasury Boutique (you know, the bad ass vintage clothing boutique nestled between Logan Circle and the U-Street Corridor). I guess it goes to prove that Katerina Herodotou and Cathy Chung really do put work-in when it comes to the voyage they go through to fill the walls of Treasury with the old, the unique, the damn right cool. All of the pieces are available at Treasury - Stripped turtleneck, $38; Lanvin vest, $65; Navy pants, $56. More views after the jump...

4 comments:

Daymanuel said...

fun!

Anonymous said...

the Lanvin vest is great.

fj said...

I would never wear an outfit like that. Honestly, it looks like a Halloween costume.

District Cut said...

Its not meant to be a realistic outfit, so to speak. Its an exaggerated outfit meant to display the clothes in a fun way, and the trends of the moment.

Post a Comment